Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Tax Dollars Have Allegedly Helped Kill More Than A Half-Million Iraqis, And I Didn't Even Get A Lousy T-Shirt

Well. If you're a United States citizen like yours truly, then all you can really do is hope that this report isn't true.

I mean, fuck. 655,000 dead Iraqis? In a war that was supposed to liberate them, with very limited enemy response during the invasion stage? You'd think a relatively small country like that would be just about empty at this point. Hell, isn't that more than we lost in WWII? And remember, that's not just dead soldiers. It's dead old folks, women, babies and halfwits, the whole kit and caboodle. A hell of a lot of people. Poof. Just like that.

Of course, the warhawks will pooh-pooh the whole thing. "This is just one study," they'll harrumph. "Inconclusive. Probably biased. And in the end, they're just numbers. Right?"

Well, sure. Whatever gets you through the night, old bean. Personally, I just hope my tax dollars wound up in the pneumatic tube that goes to the Department of Education or some such shit. I wasn't in the market for dead Iraqis, and certainly don't want the government buying any on my behalf.

No comments: