Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm Off The TV Wagon

So El Hombre Cable stopped by on Sunday, and I now have hundreds of channels from which to choose. Not to mention free HBO and "Starz" (the "z" shows they're hep, I guess) for a year. This comes after nearly two years without cable. Even though that dry spell was by choice, I've been binging like a m'f'er the last two days.

What can I say? I like MythBusters. Daily Show. The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Colmes (both for ironic reasons). And I'm looking forward to being able to watch the next season of Battlestar Galactica as it's released, instead of waiting for the fershlugginer DVD set. Not to mention whatever HBO shows come out over the next year. But what I really love about cable is the abundance of classic TV -- The Jeffersons, Magnum P.I., Hawaii 5-0, Kojak, All in the Family, Charles in Charge (highly underrated; Buddy Lembeck was comedy gold!), not to mention Star Trek. Ooh, and Happy Days. And hours and hours and hours of Cops. They're all there, like old friends you haven't spent time with in awhile.

Wait a second, "old friends?" Sweet jesus, that's pathetic. I'm off to punch a quadriplegic hooker to make up for it. But first, maybe an episode of Entourage from OnDemand. Ta-ta.

No comments: