Saturday, August 19, 2006

What Was Top Of The Pops When You Were Popped?

Shelton here, reporting from the un-air-conditioned hellhole that is my top secret base of operations in the Baltimore suburbs. The A/C unit has broken down three times since July 17. This has caused me to go a total of 10 days in the past month without cold air, and it'll be up to a dozen by the end of the weekend. Primarily due to the incompetence of the Hendersen-Webb apartment management group. So, if you're ever thinking of renting from Hendersen-Webb, take my advice and don't.

But that's not the point. The point is, I just found a website that tells you what the #1 song was on the day you were born, in the U.S. or the U.K.! I'd like to see someone come up with a better birthday song than mine -- Edwin Star's "War" (in the U.S.)! Over in England it was "The Wonder of You" by Elvis Presley. Not bad, but no "War."

Alright. I'm off to gnash my teeth some more about this no air-conditioning thing. Maybe I'll also leave some more sternly worded voicemail messages at Hendersen-Webb's offices. Now that I think about it, should any readers wish to express your displeasure at HW for letting a tenant go at least 2 weeks without A/C in July & August, especially when said tenant pays rent for an air-conditioned apartment, you can do so at (410) 628-7400. Tell 'em Shelton sent you.

No comments: